What is Pyro
Pyro is a 2D game framework for the Monkey X language and the spiritual successor to Ignition X
Pyro was written from scratch with all the cool new features of Mojo 2 in mind and anticipating the arrival of Monkey 2!
Mojo2 is ONLY compatible with Monkey targets that support the OpenGL module ( desktop, iOS, Android and HTML5 ).
If you are fine with the Monkey 1 / Mojo 1 features you might want to stick to Igintion X
If you want acces to the Mojo 2 features then Pyro is your number one choice!
- Screen manager and screens
- Scenegraph with sprites, shapes (polygon, rectangle, ellipse), tiles, dynamic lighting (point and shape), shadow casting and fog
- Tile engine ( orthogonal, isometric and isometric staggered tile maps )
- Tiled map editor importer / converter
- Scene loader
- Virtual controllers ( joystick and joypad )
- Render to texture
- Splash / loader screen
- Skinnable GUI system ( layer, image, button, label, progress bar, input box and light )
- Generic particle system
- Delta timer class
- Storage system for saving game data
- Collision / score system
- Highscore manager
- Bitmap fonts + TTF font exporter
- Object pooling
- Content manager
- Texturepacker support
- Common code library
- Sound effects library
- BASE 64 encoding / decoding
- XML loading / saving
- Tons of extra commands and functions
Pyro comes with source code examples, project templates and documentation.